Dear SCI Families,
As you might be aware, all New Yorkers age 5 and older can now receive a free COVID-19 vaccine. This is great news for the health and safety of your child, your family, your school community, and the whole city!
In partnership with the City’s vaccination effort, vaccine providers are returning to school sites for one day this month to offer the second dose of Pfizer vaccinations to eligible students ages 5-11 to make it as easy as possible to stay safe. No appointment is needed. Our school will be hosting the next Pop-Up Vaccination on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm for students getting the second dose. Students who have not received their first dose can do so at this time.
Pop-Up Vaccination at SCI
- Students ages 5-11 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or by an adult designated by the parent or guardian, while receiving their vaccine. If the student is accompanied by an adult who is not the parent or guardian, the vaccine provider must either obtain verbal consent from the parent or guardian by phone at the time of vaccination, or parent/guardians may choose to send a completed consent form, below, with the adult designee.
- You will not need to provide proof of immigration status or a social security number to get vaccinated.
- You do not need health insurance to get vaccinated—the vaccine is free.
- All records and information associated with vaccination are kept strictly confidential.
- Vaccines are administered by trained medical professionals.
- On-site telephone interpretation in multiple languages will be available.
- You are encouraged to record your student’s vaccination status in the DOE’s COVID-19 Vaccination Portal(Open external link).
- If you, your student age 12 and up, or someone else you know is still in need of a vaccine, you can visit vaccinefinder.nyc.gov(Open external link) today to choose from hundreds of sites across the city offering appointments or walk-up vaccines at no cost.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit nyc.gov/covidvaccine for all the facts. We strongly urge you to get your child vaccinated soon.