Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 school year at P.S. 896, School of Creativity and Innovation. We hope you and your child had a wonderful summer vacation. Our names are Ms. Aubourg and Mrs. Gurbillon. We are looking forward to teaching your child in the 3 and 4 ICT classroom. We expect this year will be a rewarding year for your child, and we know you are excited about all of the new learning opportunities that are about to take place. We wanted to give you some general information about our classroom that will be useful throughout our year together.
- Arrival and Dismissal Procedures: Regular School hours are from 8:10 AM – 2:30 PM. Children eating breakfast are to report to school at 7:40 AM through the back entrance. Children who will not join us for breakfast will enter the school between 8:00 and 8:10. After 8:20 AM, they are considered late and must get a late pass from the main office. Students will be dismissed beginning at 2:20pm.
- Home/School Communication Folder: Each student will be given a separate folder to be used for communication purposes.
- Keep home: Includes finished work and notes that should be kept at home.
- Return to school: Includes school forms, notes to the teacher, and permissions slips that need to be completed and then turned back in.
- Field Trips: There will be field trips throughout the school year. Permission slips will be sent home for you to sign prior to the trip. These forms must be signed and returned in order for your child to attend. On some occasions, students will be asked to pay for these trips.
- Labeling Student Belongings: Please label your child’s belongings with their first and last name (jackets, sweaters, backpack, lunch box, etc). Unclaimed items will be placed in the school’s lost and found container in the main office at the end of each week.
- Birthdays: If you would like to send a treat in for your child’s birthday please let us know a week in advance. As per our school policy we ask that the snacks are healthy as at SCI we stress the importance of a healthy mind and body! If your child does have an allergy please inform the school nurse, and myself.
We are looking forward to working together to ensure each student’s success this year. We will continue our communication on the Class Dojo app where we will be able to communicate your child’s daily progress. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. You can call us at the school (929)419-6049, or you can also send a note in your child’s homework notebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Ms Aubourg and Mrs Gurbillon