Pre K skills we will focus on
- Reading Readiness: listening to and following directions, left to right progression when reading and writing, letter identification
- Math Concepts: patterning, sorting, one to one correspondence, shapes, size sequencing, number recognition
- Fine Motor Skills: manipulating small objects, tracing, painting, coloring, pencil grip, correct letter formation (writing), and cutting;
- Science: measuring, weighing, open exploration;
- Awareness of self: respect of self and others as well as our school community, waiting ones turn to speak and play, and completing daily tasks.
Meet Ms. Cao
Hello! My name is Ms. Cao and I am very excited to be your child’s Pre-K teacher this year. I can’t wait to meet and get to know each of you! This is going to be a fun year filled with adventures and laughter.
Meet Ms. Li
Welcome to P.S. 896! My name is Ms.
Li and I am beyond excited to work
with your child in this new school year!
I have worked as a Mandarin-speaking
para at our school for almost three
years. I love working with children as
well as supporting them to learn and