Hello PS 896 Community,
I hope you have enjoyed your summer vacation and are ready to begin an exciting new school year!
The first day of school is on Wednesday, September 5, 2018. Make sure to mark your calendar. The school day starts at 8:10 am and breakfast is served between 7:35 am to 8:00 am.
Arrival Procedures for the FIRST THREE DAYS OF SCHOOL, September 5th, 6th, and 7th of 2018 :
- Parents will be allowed to enter the school with any child who is not having breakfast at 8:00am
- Parents will walk to the multipurpose room with their child and await the classroom teacher.
- At 8:10 am all students will be picked up by their classroom teacher in the multipurpose room. Please note that the arrival procedures for the first two days allow for parents and teachers to meet one another. However, the arrival procedures will change on Wednesday, September 12, 2018. Stay posted for updated procedures.
- Parents will be allowed to enter the school and pick up students in the multipurpose room at 2:25pm.
- For students being picked up, a teacher must see the responsible person designated on the BLUE CARD before releasing that student during dismissal.
- To keep the entrance clear and safe, please make sure to pick up your child on time at the appropriate location.
- Students who are not picked up on time will be held in the multipurpose room. The parent or guardian who arrives for pick up will sign the late pickup log.
Be informed that the first day of school is a half day and dismissal will occur at 11:30am.
We look forward to seeing you all on the first day!